2:11 PM

Recipes for Gamers #1- Smudgies


As a Gamer, a Nerd, and a wife, I'm always on the lookout for cheap, easy recipes that will satisfy a table full of ravenous nerds. I've gathered several recipes and thought I'd share them here!

In my part of the world, it's summer, and it's HOT. Unbearably so. In honor of the hot weather, I decided to feature the newest recipe added to my arsenal against the hungry hordes. I actually found out about these through FitSugar, but then had to tweak the recipe to make them a little more gamer-friendly. The original recipe is still delicious, but I like my addition.

So, here's what you'll need to make "Smudgies 2.0- The Gamer Edition"

2 Ripe Bananas
2 big spoonfuls of peanut butter (We like chunky for EVERYTHING)
1 squirt of chocolate syrup (I didn't use much in mine... maybe a good tablespoon to tablespoon-and-a-half)
8 graham crackers (broken in half to form 16 squares)
Aluminum Foil

Place the bananas, peanut butter, and chocolate syrup in a bowl. Use a fork to mash the ingredients together, making sure to mix them well. Lay out a strip of aluminum foil and put out your graham crackers on it. Spoon a bit of filling on to a cracker half, then top with another cracker half to make a sandwich. Continue until you've made 8 sandwiches. Wrap in the aluminum foil (I like to put 4 sandwiches in a row and then stack the other 4 on top, then wrap them that way) and put in the freezer for several hours.

Once your group of gamers is ready for something a bit sweet and cold, pull them out, unwrap the foil, and Voila! Taste just as good as ice cream, and much better for you- especially if you were to use a no sugar added peanut butter instead of a regular one... Plus the sandwich design makes it easy to hang on to and roll your dice with the other hand. This is, quite possibly, the most perfect snack for gaming since the potato chip! And with it being so easy and cheap to make (we got three batches of them out of one box of graham crackers and one bunch of bananas- about $3 total), even a half-orc barbarian could help with preparation!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is sooo gorgeous! x