1:45 PM

Action Cures Fear, Part 2

Yesterday I talked about weight loss as a means to stop standing in my own way and the effect that just starting to jog a little has had on getting me toward that goal. I didn't jog on my workout this morning, not because I was scared to but because I didn't want to and because I was thinking hard about my novel.

So, another thing I've inadvertently done to try to achieve my resolution is reading a book. Not just any book, but one I found on our roommate/landlord's shelf and picked up randomly. I'd never even noticed it before, though I'd looked at that shelf dozens of times. She must have gotten it from a thrift store though, because written on the inside was "Read Chapters 3, 12, and 13, then read entire book." So, I followed what it said to do, and I've found myself enjoying it immensely, actually! It's a bit dated, but if you want to check it out it's this book right here. I mean, the text is old (it talks about how there's a plan to build an underwater tunnel connecting England with the rest of Europe...), but the principles are sound and it kind of reminds me of The Secret in the sense that, if you're positive and feel like a winner, you will be a winner. It's also where I've picked up "Action Cures Fear" from, and have started writing it on the proof of my novel as well when I feel like I can't do it any more. I recommend picking the book up if you can and giving it a read through... perhaps at least Chapters 2, 12, and 13. ;)

Tomorrow we'll cover brick walls.

0 comments: