11:32 AM

This is always a little weird...


I always feel like such a bad nerd when I have to admit this but... I've never seen an episode of Doctor Who. Ever. But I always get asked to make Doctor Who stuff by my fellow nerds, and I like to try to accommodate as best I can. I always feel a bit weird though when I make anything from a series I don't know. Is it wrong to make things that I don't personally "geek out" to? Is it against some moral code of the nerd?

I guess it would be one thing if it was a commission, but making things for series I don't know and then putting them in my shop always makes me uneasy and feel like I'm being a bit false. I usually make things that I'm in to (makes it kinda easy then if it doesn't sell) or that I've at least got a bit of knowledge on... Like the fact that I'm making some Naruto Bite-Sizes later this week and all. I'm not a huge fan of Naruto, but at least I've read some of the manga and seen a few episodes of the anime. Doctor Who I know really nothing about, except there's something about time travel and there's Dalek things that say "Exterminate!"

So, what do you guys think? Wrong to make things from series that I don't personally know anything about but have gotten a million requests for, or okay because I've gotten a million requests for it? Help soothe my guilt!

1 comments:

Devin Blake said...

You have to watch Doctor Who! *glomps* I use to watch it as a child, but I don't remember much about it. Fast-foward to now with the new show, I'm a die-hard fan!

There's not much to get caught up on. All I really know about the series is from the new episodes.

But I think you should start making items based off of Doctor Who. Who knows, you may want to check out the series one of these days. :D