6:27 PM

Recipes for Gamers #3- Chili

Sorry, no picture of this one yet. I made this tonight and WOW is it yummy- and easy too, as usual. I've been building off of a base lentil chili recipe for awhile, but it's evolved and become this after awhile. I hope you enjoy my latest mutation- it makes a nice big pot of stew for those cold days of gaming that are coming up!

Lentil Chili with Italian Sausage
1 pound Italian Sausage (I use Mild), without the casing- cooked, and crumbled
Half a pound of Lentils (I just buy a pound bag and eyeball it)
3 beef bouillon cubes
1 onion, sliced into bite size pieces
1 can Chili-ready Tomatoes
1 can (or a few handfuls of frozen) mixed veggies
1 can black beans
1 can Spicy Red Beans (I swear, this is what the can says, it's red beans in a spicy tomato sauce)
Dash red pepper flakes
Salt to taste

Submerge lentils in about 2 quarts of boiling water. (I just have a small pitcher that I fill and use however much that is, it works) Allow to boil about 20-25 minutes. In the meantime, drain the black beans and the veggies. Once the lentils are done boiling, add the rest of the ingredients and allow to boil for an additional 20 minutes.

Serve with some homemade bread and some butter, or with homemade corn muffins. Yum!

2 comments:

Terri Pezzullo - Handmade said...

Oh this sounds like something I have to make!! I love the fall for this reason, nice warm stews and soups.

KrisMrsBBradley said...

This sounds delish!