9:00 AM

ACEO - 077 Test - Original


This ACEO is an original, NOT a reproduction. It is done on illustration board with watercolor, ink, and acrylic. This ACEO is a one of a kind artwork by me and will never be reproduced.

I am doing 100 themed ACEOs as a creative exercise. This is theme 77- "Test." I came across the idea for this theme rather interestingly, actually. I hate spiders. Have been afraid of them for as long as I can remember- to the point where I don't even like pictures of them. I have to look away at the part in Return of the King when Shelob shows up, and don't even get me started on "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets".

As much as I hate spiders, I see them everywhere! To the point where I became curious about totem animal beliefs in the spider. So, I did some research and was shocked to find that spiders are actually quite fitting for a creative person like me! So, I decided to try to utilize a bit of the "spider power" in my creativity and came up with this. I chose the Test theme because I felt like seeing spiders everywhere is testing me with my fear of them, so this is my way of trying to embrace the idea of the spider and maybe get rid of a little of my fear.

Card has been signed and dated on the back by me. Comes with a certificate of authenticity. Please note that the watermark in the second image is NOT on the actual card.

WHAT IS AN ACEO?

0 comments: