6:58 AM

Oops...

So I haven't updated here in a bit, mainly because I've been up to my eyeballs in work, which is fun but makes me tear my hair out. Also my hubby starts work today and I've been trying to enjoy our "unemployed time" together while we still have it, LOL! Even though, technically, I have several jobs right now it feels like.

I got commissioned to make a pattern of a bunny rabbit, trying to match as closely as possible a rabbit that the commissioner had as a child. This is hard to do with just photos of a badly damaged rabbit and a drawing of measurements, but I've been doing the best I can and trying to get a prototype done. I did take a picture here of what I was doing while making the pattern. That pile of white felt in the right corner has nothing to do with the bunny project, it was sitting there from another custom order I was working on at the same time (that I can't show off just yet, but as soon as I can, I will).

Making these two patterns in the last few months has been really intriguing to me. I love the MAGIC of taking 2D shapes and making them 3D, especially if they turn in to some sort of recognizable object like a bear, or a person, or a horse. And drafting my own patterns has really taught me a lot about how to make that magic happen effectively. I hope that one day I'll be able to do it without having to make a ton of prototypes too!

The other thing I've been working on, aside from patterns and plushies, is my novel that I know I've mentioned here a few times. Working with a friend who's giving me "fresh eyes" on the story and giving me suggestions for ways he thinks I could tighten up the story and all that. Today I'm going to be sending him the last half of the story so he can go through it while I work on interior art. Then once he's done I'm going to go through the ending chapters ONCE, make any changes, proofread one more time for typos, and then get all my art together and order another proof from CreateSpace. By then I should have a release date set so that I can start taking pre-orders for signed copies and all. Phew... There's light at the end of the tunnel, but it's still small and hard to see. It's way brighter and bigger than it was ten years ago when I started this story, though!

So, I'm going to leave you with a preview of my bad-ass cover art, which was done by the awesome Julie Minter of Haunted Studio. If it weren't for her reading the first few chapters of this ten years ago and making me continue writing it, I wouldn't have come this far with it. So... this is basically her fault so I thought it was fitting to have her do the cover. XD Enjoy!

0 comments: